Versus Arthritis: Core Skills in Musculoskeletal Care digital course
January 18, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Dates: 18 & 25 January, 1 & 8 February 2022, 6-8pm
Must attend all 4 sessions.
The Core Skills in Musculoskeletal Care workshop focuses on developing the practical skills required in a typical 10-minute GP consultation.
The workshop provides a supportive environment for primary healthcare professionals to develop confidence and skills in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with MSK conditions.
The workshop is split into three main sections:
- Low back pain and sciatica.
- Lower limb (with a focus on the knee).
- Upper limb (with a focus on the shoulder).
Key learning outcomes:
- Enjoy MSK consultations.
- Identify the prevalence of MSK conditions in primary care.
- Gain confidence in taking an effective history from an MSK patient, including eliciting red flags and psychosocial flags.
- Demonstrate understanding of examination of the MSK patient, including the discriminating features of the examination.
- Practice explanation of the diagnosis.
- Formulate a management plan, including appropriate investigations, referral, safety net and follow-up.
- Signpost patients to useful information.
- Learn techniques to signpost to supported self-management.
- Prepare for working with physiotherapist FCPs.
The trainer will go through an example examination demonstration and explanation, including a management plan.
You will receive a course handbook, a certificate upon completion, 7 CPD points for the face-to-face workshop and 8 CPD points for the digital workshop.
We will be running our next Core Skills in MSK Care digital course on 18 and 25 January and 1 and 8 February 2022 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm.
Delegates must be available to attend all four dates as part of this course.
Cost: £135 / £120 for members of the Versus Arthritis professional network.